What To Expect
How are we different from
traditional physical therapy?
People often tell us “(traditional) PT hasn’t worked, “they’ve tried everything else” or “they don’t want to have surgery.” We understand and treat pain that limits daily function. Because we identify underlying imbalances in your body, we get to the root of the pain and limitation.
- All sessions, as our name implies, are 1:1 with your physical therapist and take place in a private treatment room
- Unlike traditional physical therapy, follow-up visits are generally 1-2 weeks apart
- We create a personalized program for you to practice at home before we see you again
- Depending on your specific needs, we may see you more often in your program’s early stages, and as you progress, the frequency may drop
The first step is to define your goals and what you hope to achieve through your work with us. We take a detailed history to construct a full picture of your current body patterns. We evaluate 3 patterns:
- Postural — We evaluate your body using the Postural Restoration Institute© method (PRI). This is a full-body approach, assessing your range of motion, alignment and muscle activation. We use PRI to establish appropriate breathing patterns, allowing your body to achieve balance and improved movement.
- Physiological — We examine your nutrition, sleep and self-care behaviors to identify potential levels of inflammation and toxicity in your body. When your cells are burdened with toxins and oxidative stress, they cannot dedicate their energy and resources for optimal functioning and restorative healing.
- Mental and Emotional — We address how your thoughts, beliefs and emotions are related to your body, its ability to move and how you experience pain. Your energy field reflects these aspects of your being. We tune in to your energy field to discern any blockages that may be occurring.
Next, we create a customized treatment plan that typically includes a mixture of our therapies. This is a collaborative process between you and your physical therapist. Each plan of care is individualized and intended to provide you with the support and services you need to achieve your goals. These plans are fluid in nature and evolve as you do.