Integrated Guided Imagery
Guided imagery is a self-awareness tool and form of meditation. Your body reacts the same whether you are actually experiencing something or just imagining something. For example, if you think about lying on a beautiful beach, your body responds as if you are actually lying on the beach.
When integrated with breathing, energy and manual techniques, guided imagery supports your potential to shift and ultimately heal your mind-body relationship. Guided imagery involves all the senses, not just the visual, and is a whole-body experience. It taps into the subconscious realms to restore your connection and perception of your self and body. Through focus on simple images, sensations and affirmations, guided imagery can create harmony between the mind and body.
The effectiveness of guided imagery has been validated by research, demonstrating its positive impact on health, wellness, attitude, behavioral change and peak performance. Guided imagery is beneficial in:
- Promoting relaxation to reduce stress, anxiety, pain and blood pressure
- Undergoing medical procedures like chemotherapy, radiotherapy, ventilator weaning, biopsy and dialysis
- Reducing blood loss during surgery and opioid use after it
- Healing from fractures and burns
- Helping with purposeful weight loss and smoking abstinence
- Increasing athletic mastery of skiing, skating, shooting, golf and tennis
- Increasing skill and confidence in writing, acting, singing, test-taking and public speaking
- Enhancing emotional depth, humor, responsiveness to music, spirituality, intuition, creativity, abstract thinking and empathy
We offer a specialized form of guided imagery, Hypnotherapy. Click here to learn more about this amazingly transformative service.